Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Origin: Spirits of the Past

What can I say against Origins? *thinks* I’ll have to see what I can come up with as I go.
The plot isn’t a bad one for a movie and I rather enjoyed it. But since it’s a movie, I don’t think I’ll go through the character review. A simple anime review will do. The plot is as follows:

[From AnimeFreak.tv]
A failed DNA experiment with plants has changed the world forever. Having demolished the moon, the intelligent and aggressive plant-life has spread to the earth and destroyed the human civilization. The few humans that remain struggle to survive, while maintaining an uneasy truce with the restless forest. One day, a villager named Agito stumbles across a stasis unit hidden deep in the forest and awakens a very cute girl from the past. Having slept for the past 300 years, Tula steps into a very different and strange world. The neighboring high-tech village of Ragna is still locked in a bitter war with the forest and when they become aware of Tula, they realize that she is the key to activating her father.

Now, the anime itself isn’t anything fancy. In fact, it’s not as detailed as you find some anime. But sometimes the idea to not over-detail things is better. And I enjoyed that amount of detail they placed.
As for the plot, I can’t say anything against it really. It’s interesting and I enjoyed how the people with white hair are stronger. In fact, I rather liked how it worked. And Agito was an interesting character to watch. I didn’t particularly like Tula, but she’s okay. I enjoyed how the plants ruled the world and control the water. The weird twin-girl-things were confusing and are still confusing as of yet. But I did enjoy the movie and would re-watch it any day.
As for flaws, I suppose for some the twin-girl-things would be confusing, and I believe I do not really like how part of the animation was near the end, as the attack started. But not all of it was bad. And it was cool that everyone ended up working together to stop the volcano.

Here are some images from the movie:










-Zeki
-Have an Anime you want reviewed? Comment and ask! I'll see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment