Monday, December 19, 2011

D. Gray Man

D.Gray-man

Some people may see it as stupid to review an anime that I have yet to finish. Let me tell you, I have gotten as far as I can. The rest of the anime is subbed, and it's hard to start an anime one way and then finish it the other(that's why I struggle with Bleach movies that are dubbed)
Anyway, let's review D. Gray Man.

[From Animefreak.tv]
Towards the end of the 19th century, Allen Walker officially joins the organization of Exorcists that destroy the beings known as Akuma; mechanic weapons made by the Millennium Earl with the suffering souls of the dead. Allen has both a cursed eye and an anti-Akuma weapon as an arm, bearing the power of "Innocence", a gift given to him as an apostle of God. Allen, along with his fellow Exorcists must put a stop to the Millennium Earl's ultimate plot that could lead to the destruction of the world and all who live on it.

Now, the anime itself is fun to watch. I really enjoyed laughing along. When Krory showed up, I formed a guess as to who he was. I was wrong(I'm wrong about almost everything I guess one) but I enjoyed it. I had already started reading the manga(which I stopped reading) so I was able to follow along easy enough. Of course, it would have been easy to watch even if I hadn't started the manga. My younger sister never touched the manga but she still followed along easy enough. She actually had her favorite characters.
Speaking of characters, let's review them.

Allen Walker
This is a very general picture of Allen. His arm is activated. I'll try to find a picture of his innocence not activated to post near the end so you can see it. Now, I really like Allen. He's my third favorite character. And the way he talks about his master and how cruel he was adds to the humor of the anime(especially when he was telling Lenalee about it and all the girls were all like "He sounds wonderful!"). Anyway, Allen is awesome! And with Timcampy at his side the humor is a lot funnier! Like when he was remembering the plant eating him and Timcampy was biting his head in the same way as the plant. LOL! ^.^

Lenalee Lee
Well, I like Lenalee. I think she has a good heart. The only thing I dislike is her name. "Lenalee Lee" is hard to say. Anyway, usually she goes around in a black dress and then, when she need to fight, she just activates her innocence and gets kicking. It's uncommon for her to be in the outfit shown in the picture while on mission.

Kanda
I think his name is, like Kanda Yuu or something like that...I'm not sure. I just know his first name because of the Anaconda. Anyway, Kanda is more brawn than brain. He's also really cold-hearted and mysterious. He has this whole "honor" thing shown when he was fighting the immortal Italian warrior, but I haven't seen it since. He gets really annoyed at Lavi, who likes to joke with him, and I have a picture that I plan on posting to show you what Lavi did once(let me tell you, it's a sign that Kanda should cut his hair...)

Lavi. <3.<3
This is Lavi. He is my favorite character  by far. *eyes turn into hearts* And when you see his hair down...wow. I promise you, I'm gonna get a pic of it! And I love how carefree he is and how much he jokes. And how his eyes go crazy every time he sees a girl. It's hilarious! And in four years we'll be the same age! :P Lol, jk. It's true, but I'm not gonna go completely crazy over an anime guy(but seriously, I do love Lavi!)

Aristar Krory
Krory is a very, very, VERY depressed guy. He's also a real idiot. But, unlike Yuuki from Vampire Knight(who gives stupid a new meaning), I actually like him. He's my second favorite character. He seems to believe that there's good in every Akuma. Whatever. He's still a nice guy. He just cries too much...

Komui Lee
Yeah, he's Lenalee's brother. He does nothing but dote on Lenalee. In "Lenalee's Love" he goes insane trying to kill the guy, and I actually felt sorry for the poor Akuma that pretended to look like him. And he seems to have a thing for Sir Komlins and bunnies... Anyway, he's a complete idiot. He sometimes acts like a a serious guy, but all signs are gone when he talks of Lenalee or finds a parasitic type excoricst(poor Allen...whenever he gets his arm injured I think "Oh, poor Allen! Komui's gonna get it!")

Miranda
Miranda is completely hopeless. She is worse than Krory, and that takes some effort. She got lost on her way to the Black Order, and then she got lost once Lenalee had found her. Once she got there, she tries climbing the cliff with the clock tied to her back. She's completely hopeless. However, my younger sisters and I go around singing her song.

Bookman Kicking Lavi
Bookman is really old. Lavi always calls him "Old Panda" making Bookman beat him up. It's really fun to watch Lavi make fun of Bookman only to get kicked, but whatever. Just goes to show: never underestimate an old man.

Millenium Earl
So, I cannot spell his name correctly... I'll just tell you: he is really weird. I think his smile is creepy and his ears are like an elf's. His hate changes designs a lot and I wanna know what is under it.

Lero

Lero is really a mystery to me. Whatever. I mainly feel sorry for her when Rhode decides she wants to play with her.

Rhode
I hate Rhode, to say the least. She's abusive of Lero and and is a spoiled child. She's weird and just someone I dislike.

Tyki Mikk trying to get Rhode to leave him alone
So, I found a Gif of the scene I was going to say. He imitates Lero by saying, "Please let me read, Lero," or something like that. Anyway, Tyki is weird. He has a second life that he leads where he's a human. His butterflies are confusing, but whatever. He's okay, I guess.

General Cross
Well, he's weird from what I've seen of him. He lets poor Allen get chased around by Akuma. I'm curious about his Innocence. Also, what's with that mask of his? Other than that, I think his giant golem is cool, but only cause it looks like a Giant Timpcampy. :P

-
Anyway, those are the character reviews I can think of. Here are some random pics:

Why you try not to let Lavi get bored.
Bookman vs. Lavi

ROFL!
Bookman vs. Lavi
 
This is why you never offer to by Allen dinner...


Leave it to Krory to be on the ground...

Lavi with his hair down. <3.<3

-Zeki

No comments:

Post a Comment